Friday, February 13, 2009

A quickie?

Quick post.... the UNC game lived up to its billing last night... at least my billing. As expected, UNC ran away with it, being the superior team athletically. Duke put on some valiant runs but, in the end, they couldnt keep up with the Heels. Not many teams can. I was most impressed with Ty Lawson. I've always loved his speed and ability to get to the rim but last night he took his game to a new level. He is Iverson-esque in the paint... taking body shots left and right yet somehow finishes. Needless to say, I can't wait til version 2.0.

How about Notre Dame??? For those who missed it, they put on a clinic against what is by all accounts a solid Louisville team, further strengthening my theory that the regular season is really only good for getting a feel for a team's style when it comes to picking them in March. To me, the real test comes conference tournament time. Once those are done, I feel like I have a pretty good handle on which teams to go with and which to stay away from. The only teams for which the regular season is a good measuring stick are the mid-majors. The good mid-majors likely wont face a stiff test in their conference tourneys, so you need to learn as much as possible about them from Nov. through Feb. So far I love Butler, Davidson, and Liberty and a few others that shall remain nameless until I can be sure no one will steal my Cinderellas. Yes, I do have an obvious bias towards the Curry Bros., but how can you not? They are two of the smoothest players I've ever seen play, they make it look so effortless. They learned a lot from their daddy.

Finally, rumors are flying that the Eagles could pursue Anquan Boldin. I can't discuss this too much because I get too pumped but, really, I'm so excited. The thought of Q as an Eagle is just so unbelievably awesome that I cant type much more about it. Keep your fingers crossed, Birds fans!

1 comment:

Eric Snow was underrated said...

I'm happy you are back.

between your blog on joe's, I don't really need to read the news or anything else