Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Champion of the World

Well Sunday FunDay was a great success. Nova won, got pretty hammered, and I proved yet again that I am a beer pong god going a dominate 3-0 in the afternoon session. In the end though, everybody won.

Nova may have won, but I'm not sure I would call it a resounding victory. They had their foot on Cuse's collective throat, yet couldn't come up with that lethal stomp (graphic, I know). Missed free throws down the stretch made a game out of what should have been a comfortable victory. As I mentioned in my previous post, Nova needs to learn to come up with those dagger shots that currently elude them.

Speaking of dagger shots, anyone catch that Devin Harris prayer tonight?? When that left his hands, I felt sick to my stomach. You could see it going in before it went in, if you know what I mean. My question is, how come no call was made in any direction on that play? Shouldn't it have been a self-pass or a travel? I would love to get the true ruling on that. I know you put the whistle away at some point but..... As for the Sixers, where are they headed? I think you're seeing it right now. They are simply a mediocre team. They should have sealed that game a long time before that ball left Harris' hands but, alas, what are you gonna do?

On to A&E. Tonight was the first episode of Intervention that I couldn't bring myself to watch. It was about a girl who's eating disorder revolved around her losing her ability to swallow. This came on while I was chowing down on a delicious sandwich, so realizing that forgetting to swallow was a possibility, I immediately turned it off before I developed something new to stress about.

Finally, happy trails to the Georgetown Hoyas. Losers of 9 out of 11, tonight marked the end of the 2009 season for G'town. This team fell well short of any and all expectations for them this year, and its a shame because I love the way they play. Definitely a March favorite of mine, at least I don't have to agonize over how far to put them in my bracket. Until next time, less than a month to Tourney Time!!

No comments: