Sunday, October 5, 2008

Please allow me to re-introduce myself...

Truthfully, I've talked about starting a blog for so long that this is my Chinese Democracy. I've always had strong opinions about sports and I've always been a decent writer, making this a marriage of hobbies. On PhillyPhandom, I will write about all things sports with an obvious Philly bias and occasionally pepper in some random thoughts on culture and life as I see it. I don't plan to be diplomatic about anything, merely give myself a platform from which I can speak freely and more clearly about the teams I've grown up with. Expect to read me vent on the Eagles, Phillies, Sixers, Penn State, Big 5 Basketball and anything else I decide to care about in between.

Those who know me well know full well that I have an interesting take on things. My dislike for Pat Burrell borders irrational, I choose not to see that Brian Dawkins' abilities have diminished, and I will always believe that Anthony Morelli singlehandedly lost at least 6 games as a Penn State quarterback. And all that isn't even the tip of the iceberg.

In any case, I will try to back up anything I say with a stat or a reason and, most importantly, I will try to keep this thing up to date.

No comments: